Rental, Wedding, and Party Information
Details on the features of our facility are below. For more information or to find out availability please send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include dates/times/event size (number of people), contact name and phone number. Someone will contact you within 48 hours to discuss booking your event. Do not call for availability – office staff does not handle facility booking. Samples of the contracts are available at the links below.
Current Rental Rates:
- Anytime Sunday after 6:00pm through Thursday 5:00pm: $100.00 for the first 2 hours, $20 per hour for every hour after that - 2 hour minimum.
- Anytime Thursday after 5:00pm through Sunday 1:00pm: $250.00 for the first 2 hours, $50 per hour for every hour after that - 2 hour minimum.
An ACT Booth Technician must be present during your production and will be provided at $35 per hour - this is not optional whether or not you wish to use your own technician.
Theatre rentals are for the use of the theatre space and dressing room only. Other areas and services may be provided at additional cost if needed.
Other services such as front desk help during show, programs, beverage service, ticketing services, etc., can be arranged depending on your needs.
We offer reduced rates for non-profits, churches, and school groups, please inquire directly with the office if you think your group qualifies for a reduced fee schedule - email email@example.com.
- $25 for a 2 hour block, $10 for each additional hour added to that block
BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH JAMEY
(2 hrs story drama): $200 Includes 15 kids. $10.00 per additional kid.
TOUR WITH JAMEY
(2 hr story drama): $200 Includes 15 kids. $10.00 per additional kid.
GIRL SCOUT TROOPS
(2 hr story drama): $150
Half of the full booking fee is due at the time of booking. There are no refunds for cancellations. The final amount is due in full the day of the event prior to event taking place. A $100 cleaning deposit is due upon booking.
About Our Facility
The Art Centre Theatre is a nonprofit community theatre. Theatre seating can accommodate 35-80 persons depending on the event. ACT has additional rooms that can be used for an event to accommodate up to 215 people total.
The theatre boasts an impressive 48x25-foot stage that rests on the ground level and features raked seating affording a perfect view of the stage from any angle.
ACT has 2 large rooms that can be used for parties or events. We have a full kitchen and chair/table rental available as well. ACT also boasts a large 300 foot X 300 foot lawn with a large outdoor seating area that is perfect for a tented reception or event.
Drama Theme Parties
The Art Centre Theatre announces Drama Theme Parties! Book your 2 hour spot now! $200 for the birthday child and 15 of their friends ($10 for each additional child) Parties are hosted on the Saturday of your choosing form 9-11 AM here at the Art Centre Theatre. (Other days and times can be arranged if time and space allow. Call to check.)
Children will spend 2 hours with a professional storyteller/drama teacher. They will spend the first hour learning and rehearsing a story drama on our stage. After the first hour the child’s parents will be given 30 minutes for cake/ice-cream/presents or whatever activities the family chooses. The last 30 minutes will be spent acting out the story with full costumes, lights and music. All are invited to this last half hour to witness the magic of children’s theatre. Stories are gender/age specific and are told by a teacher with more than 15 years experience in early childhood development. Costumes will be provided.
Our booking agent will not be able to tell you which story you will be acting out but all stories fall with the genres of: Knights – Kings – Queens – Dragons – Princesses - Silly Stories - Fractured Fairy Tales - Animals and Critters.
Two adults from the birthday child’s party are required to be present for the entire two hour period. It is encouraged that parents of attendees vacate the building for the first hour so as not to spoil the “surprise.” Parents should plan to be out of the building at 11:00 as the Art Centre has other activities starting immediately thereafter. Video recording and photography are encouraged and we ask that you email us your BEST photo to go on our “Wall of Birthday Joy!”
Art Theme Party
Enjoy your Art Party at the Art and Drama Centre Theatre in Plano! Our party options fit into two categories:
For a two hour party: $250 flat rate for 12 kids, plus $30 per kid for any child above that.
Painters will enjoy an hour and a half of instructed painting. The birthday girl/boy gets to choose from a variety of paintings we have to offer. Everybody will leave with their own unique recreation of the painting of choice! The last 30 minutes will be used for cake and presents.
$300 per person for a three hour party:
This option is only available for adult parties. The party set up is the same, however an extra hour will be added to the paint time. This is for paintings that are meant for the more advanced.
You can bring any kind of food or decorations that you’d like! Once you find a date that works for you, we will send you a party contract as well as a painting questionnaire. With the help of the questionnaire, we will build a painting that suits the theme for your party! Be sure to include any photos (if you have napkins or plates you want it to match with) as well.
We look forward to hearing from you and let us know if you have further questions.
We are able to provide the items listed here for an additional charge:
- Birthday Cake - We can provide a sheet cake, dimensions 9 X 13 for an additional fee. You must specify that you want a cake at the time of booking and booking must be three weeks prior to the event. Sheet cakes are stock items and will feature the child’s name and the phrase “Happy Birthday”. Cakes are all flour based and vanilla or chocolate (no mixtures). The cake will feature a number candle with the child’s age. You must tell the booking agent the child’s age when the reservation is made.
- Decorations - Balloons and decorations are also available for an additional fee. To book with decorations you must make your reservation 3 weeks prior to the event and specify at the time of booking your desire for additional decorations. Decorations will consist of a banner, streamers, 25 helium filled balloons of varying colors. Color specific decorations are available, however, there may be additional cost involved.
- Photography or Video - Photography and video taping are encouraged! However, if you want to just enjoy your party and have someone else take all the pictures, we do have a photographer/videographer that we are able to bring in for your occasion for a nominal fee. Just let us know when you make your reservation.